Saturday, October 24, 2015

September 21, 2015

We had a blast this week. It started off pretty tough though. I had this horrible runny nose which is still persisting today. I have gotten up a few times just writing this email to blow my nose. On Monday we had a Zone P-day and played Mario Cart Balloons where we tied three balloons around our ankles and tried to kill eachother... I mean pop the other missionaries balloons. I had a killer headache and so I had this other missionary hand me like 3 ibpros and 2 advils. I think they may have been trying to kill me.

We also were able to hid from all the others that we had made two cheesecakes that morning. Elder Farnsworth made a Peanut Butter Oreo cheesecake and I made a Chocolate Marble Cheesecake with Strawberry filling and Chocolate fudge on the top.

Tuesday we took them to our District meeting where we also had our mission president, President Winder, and his wife there to have interviews with us. Needless to say they really enjoyed it. So did we and our District. Later that night we taught some investigators that a member had been working with for the past 4 months or so and they agreed to be baptized. Now we just have to set a date.

On Wednesday we had a new missionary training meeting for Elder Farnsworth. They gave us some really great ideas on how we can better do street contacting which we have turned into tracting. Well contacting names that missionaries left behind. The reason I say names is because they had two full sheets of names and addresses with no information. So that is a bit annoying. But hey we have had a great time getting the door approach down.

Later in the week we had a non-member give us casserol, a European squash, some apples, and some baked potatoes. It was great. I am not sure how interested they are in hearing the message we have to share but they do love the missionaries. I have found that there are really two kinds of people up here. Those who hate missionaries (not just LDS ones but any), and those who think it is really neat that we are out here serving the Lord. There might be a small minority of people who really don't care what we are doing.

Other than that we really didn't have much else happen this week.

Love,
Elder McCallson

Rainbow

Another Beautiful Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment