Saturday, October 24, 2015

August 10, 2015

Blog:
This was the first full week of having a second ward here. I can honestly say that I have never been more busy in my whole mission than I am right now.
I has been amazing to see the strength that God gives as He lends greater responsibility to His children. One of the things I have learned this week is that we truly are weak in all things compared to Christ. The thing that taught me that is I often wonder why people do dumb things, myself included. Why do we argue, point blame, backbite, degrade, etc.? Then I think how much I need to work on those things. It is really a great self check as you see things that bug you that other people do, cause often I have found that those are the things that I need to work on.
This upcoming week we have two baptisms scheduled. So it is going to be a busy Saturday for us.
We had a great training on Friday that really puts how simple the teachings of Christ are into simple ideas and words. I have often wondered why people say there are things that Christ has said that we just cannot understand. I think we often forget the simple nature of what he has said, "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be open unto you." That has been one of the biggest focuses in teaching. We are here to invite those we come into contact with, to ask so they can receive.
The summer is winding down this week as more people are getting ready to go back to school. It is so much easier to contact people during the summer because they are outside,  whereas during the winter it has been a lot harder to get into people's homes. Really getting their door open is what is hard.
I look forward to these next few weeks as the change of the seasons brings nicer weather.
Party on,
Elder McCallson
A green smoothie?

Homemade Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment