Saturday, October 24, 2015

September 14, 2015

This week was awesome! I am not sure what to write about though. We had an opportunity to go to the Temple this week. That always makes things better. We also set a baptismal date with a 14 year old boy that has just been hesitating to get baptized for the last 3 years. 
We also have been working on getting our investigators to church. That has been one of the greatest problems I have run into on my mission. JUST COME TO CHURCH!

One of the greatest miracles I have had on my mission is to come to truly understand my relationship with my Father in Heaven. All the doctrine and speculation aside, I have found that Heavenly Father is constantly reaching out to us to bring us back into His light. As I have tried to go closer a wider and wider chasm seems to appear. The more I try to change to become like Christ the farther I feel at times. As missionaries we teach about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. Well, I have already been baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. But what of Faith and Repentance and Enduring? I always though the I had good faith, knowing that it could always be stronger, but until I had to put it to the test to defend the Church and Christ from others; my faith has increased so much. Now repentance. First repentance isn't a bad thing, nor is it always because you sin. If you take the work repentance it means to change from who you are to who God wants you to be. That has been a great struggle for me. I would have never said that I was a very prideful person, but as I have been trying to give my whole heart and soul to God; I have really come to see how much work I have to do. I guess that is also what it means to Endure. My thing is that I don't want to just Endure I want to Endure Well. To go from I am doing this or that because I have to, to I am a disciple of Jesus Christ because I want to be. I have found that that is the best change that anyone here on earth can make. I can honestly say that since I have been out I have changed on many things. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of us as His children. We are of Noble Birth. Nothing is impossible with the Lord.

I love you all!
Elder McCallson

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, YUM!

Elder Farnsworth and Me

Elder Farnsworth and PB Cup Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment