Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 26, 2014

It is going great. When I got here we only had 1 Investigator, we have 3 now. That guy that came to church and someone he was talking to outside. We taught them the first lesson and have return appointments with them this week. The lady that stopped us was only into the church for our welfare program.

I have to say I love the weather here a lot more than Kansas most of the time. One of the few things I miss are the HUGE storms we get there. These are all tiny. But, I love being able to go outside and not have to change clothes twice a day because of sweat. The shade here is exactly that: SHADE. NO HUMIDITY (or really low).

Mom asked:  What's the winter weather like there?
Jacob replied:
I hear that it is only in like the 20s or so here. and it will be nicer because of the low humidity sweat and things will not get frozen from the wind. But they do tell me that I need to stay suited up for the weather. They only get like 2 or 3 inches of snow on this side of the mountains.

Mom asked: Is it hard to keep the Mission Rules?
Jacob replied:
Its easy to follow the rules. All you have to do is just do them. They are simple. Wake up at 6:30am, get dressed and be in Personal Study by 8am, Companionship Study at 9am, be out the door or eating at 11am, then go out and teach and find, return at 9-9:30pm, plan for the next day, lights out at 10:30pm.

Here are some pics some are from my group at the MTC others are my companion Elder Sellers. And the other elders in my apartment. Elder Gonzalez, Elder Partlow, and Elder Avery.
I have learned so much while I have been out here about the Gospel and how I can better apply it to my life.
 "Questions start where Knowledge stops."
Always ask questions. By doing so you call upon the powers of heaven. The Holy Ghost will testify of truth no matter if it is Spiritual or Temporal.
I love you all,
Elder McCallson

                                                 My Companion, Elder Sellers


                                                  Elders in my Apartment


                                                    My Little Bit of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment