Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 3, 2014

Dear Blog,
Thanksgiving was good. We only really made it to two homes. Our Bishop's and someone else's. No ham on thanksgiving. Only TURKEY.
I think the worst part was no one sent us home with left overs. The two were good though. I was thoroughly filled. That's okay I think the Lord might be trying to help me lose weight.
Our P-Day is today (Wed) because we were able to go to the Temple and we have no food at the apartment. Funny how that works.
I have been really excited to do family history work these last few weeks, we have become good friends with our wards family history consultants, now I am hooked.
It has been interesting to see the difference in how much temple work I did before my mission and how much I want to do now that I am on it. I have found that the old saying is true. "You don't know what you got till it's gone." I guess that one is not too old but hey give me some credit.
I am so excited to hear that you are being blessed with the wonderfully cold weather. It hasn't been too cold here, it only dipped twice into the negatives. But, I am told that we will not get too much snow or anything like that on this side of the mountains. Now if I was in Eastern Idaho it would be a different story.
It has been interesting to meet people up here that know some of you down there.
The work has really been picking up here with the Church's new "He is the Gift" initiative. We have yet to see any results in my area but others have already had some progress.
I am so excited for the Christmas Season and look forward to hearing all your wonderful tales of Christmas Miracles.
Love,
Elder McCallson    

No comments:

Post a Comment